- How to register a domain?
- How to transfer a domain to LEA.mx?
- How to configure the domain’s DNS settings?
- How to add or renew an SSL certificate?
- How to force using an SSL connection on a website?
- Free SSL certificates for hosting plan VIP
- Where can I find the current prices of services?
- How to check payment history?
- How to generate invoices for paid services?
- Basic parameters for email configuration
- How to manage an email account?
- How to increase mailbox space?
- Basic parameters for FTP configuration
- How to manage an FTP account?
- How to log in to the online FTP client on LEA.mx?
- Basic parameters for database configuration
- How to add a database and a database user?
- How to access PhpMyAdmin?
- How to create a backup?
- How to move your website from computer to hosting?
- How to restore a website from your own backup?
- How to move your website from another hosting?
- How to configure your .htaccess
- How to get Google to index my website?
Why should I backup my files
What is backup? Internet tells us that backuping up is an regular operation or procedure, when you create a copy of the data and save it to an alternative location, so it can be recovered in case of accidental deletions of the original files, hard drive crash, failure of the program or system, viruses and so on.
Thousands of people who do not create backups of their files take up a risk - if they files are deleted, there is no way to recover them. You can not do anything with the sudden disappearance of your data until you start creating backups regularly.
The use of extra drives - CD / DVD / Blu-ray drives, external / internal hard drives, flash drives - is a good solution. There are also services that store your data on the internet - Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk and many others - the space there is usually limited, but you can use few of them at the same time if you want to keep backups of a bit number of files.
When it comes to business, everyone must ask themselves - what would I do if my database with all customers will disappear? What would I do if my little mistake removes a huge amount of important information? Then it becomes logical that spending some time for finding an automatic system for the regular backing up of your data is a justified step, which should be done as soon as possible.
If you use databases, you can automate their backing up. Develop code, use git. Backups should be done frequently (the more frequently, the less damage to your project in case of data loss), and they must be regularly inspected (it will be a shame if at the right moment, it turns out that your backup system is not working for half a year). Keep your projects safe or entrust this task to qualified people.
On our hosting we create backups automatically for all owners of the paid accounts.